This is actually re-posted from last year, with additions (I thought of 5 more reasons).
1. Employers ARE hiring, despite the common misconception that everyone’s in Bermuda.
2. There’s less competition, since a lot of job seekers think everyone’s in Bermuda.
3. It’ll keep your momentum going, and make it less likely you’ll hop into a bathtub full of water and plug in your electric toothbrush.
4. All those holiday parties are great opportunities to network. And scarf down free food.
5. You’ll soon get sick of staring at the TV and watching Jimmy Stewart have a meltdown.
6. A lot of companies start their fiscal year in January, so they want to get the newbies in there as soon as all the holiday crap is over.
7. There’s always the chance a manager could be inspired to hire you while snockered on spiked eggnog.
8. How many times can you listen to songs about homicidal reindeer?
9. The hiring manager is more likely to bring you on-board out of holiday spirit despite the embezzlement charges.
10. Job search can generally be more fun during the holidays, since a lot of people are jollier than usual. Not me, but a lot of people.