Interviewers still occasionally try to see how creative they and you can be with “Think on Your Feet” (and sometimes on your head) interviews. What is a “Think on Your Feet” interview, you ask? Well, remember the movie “The Running Man” (yes, with your good buddy and mine, Ahhhhnold), which depicted a sadistic game show in which criminals were hunted down by professional stalkers? Well, it’s not like that.
Here are a few wacky “Think on Your Feet” interview questions:
- If you were a hamburger, what topping would be on your bun?
Not sure it really matters how you answer this one, as long as you don’t say, “You.”
- If I were to look in your kitchen cabinets, what would I see?
If you don’t care about burning your bridges, you can say, “One hundred cans of corned beef hash in case of the apocalypse, and a package of moldy Cheez-its.”
- If Hollywood made a film about you, what actor – alive or dead – would play you?
Probably not, “Bela Lugosi, since my former colleagues found me kinda creepy.”
- If you were a salad, what flavor would your croutons be?
Bad answer: “Onion and garlic, ‘cuz that’s how I always smell.”
- If I were to ask your seventh-grade teacher about you, what would he say?
Really bad answer: “Who? Oh, the pot-head.”